Loft Conversions Design and Build Programme
For your peace of mind, we like you to know in advance how your loft conversion project will be tackled and we ensure you are kept fully informed of how your project is progressing. Below is our framework programme of build to give you an idea of the service you can expect from us :
• To include a quotation, site survey, architectural plans, structural calculations, building regulations and planning submission if applicable and party wall advice.
• When all the above is in place, liaise with the client for a start date, erect scaffold to necessary elevations, initial delivery of materials and installation workmen to follow when materials arrive on site.
• One of the most important things is the positioning of the new staircase and its design to fit in and be sympathetic with the style and tone of the property to create a continuous flow up to the loft room.
• Materials will be covered with waterproof tarpaulins to protect it from the weather and any exposed roof work.
• A minimum team of two people to install the project make up of 1 joiner and 1 joiners mate, plus ancillary trades to follow who are all fully experienced in loft installations.
• A normal installation will be 3 to 4 weeks depending on the project with 80% of the work being carried out through the roof, which leaves the customer to carry on relatively normal with every day life.
• Various trades to link in when requested i.e. felter, plumber, electrician and plasterer.
• An intermediate 2nd delivery of materials including staircase purpose made for the installation.
• Visits by the Local Building Inspector will be carried out at different stages along with a Final Inspection on completion of all works.
• All building waste will be deposited into skips.
• Guarantee all work for 10 years against faulty workmanship and substandard materials.
“When you look back after some 2 to 4 weeks at the loft conversion that has been constructed and see the satisfaction on the customers face it gives you a great sense of achievement.”
Les Thomas, proprietor